Monday, September 7, 2009

The Blame Game

First of all to all the August Babies it is indeed great as we by pass yet another month of August! Today was one of those days when I was really idle and reading all the bad things about Uganda, All the failed projects, the unbalanced thinking of the different ethnic groups and all the sad things that always shine in the International media as news about Africa

Once again they were at it M7, Dr. B, Dr. O etc and I was thinking, so what is it that these men have .... at least they dream and try like Obote did ( he did his part - a great part not many can be proud of...), how about you, why stand on the fence and talk and talk...... just like you do when watching that match... Funny you even associate with a team to the extend of saying "We"!! Yaix, anyway that for another day.

Some interesting events keep on coming ....

. ........... a nurse delivering a baby using a kavera while the top guys debate about the next luxury 4WD to procure, schools falling apart with old text books and rotten desks as the "wealthy" fly out to get schools for their children!

.......... no food in the East, North & West-Nile as the politicians debate who will stand for president in the opposition.

It downed on me that something something is really wrong with us African's very wrong indeed, how can we blame the other guy when we need kitu kidogo to be able to help another, how can we say a thing about the other when we too are practicing bribery in parking lots, in queue's, in tenders, land deals etc..

We say the police are corrupt yet when they get us we are the first to tempt them with 50k, I mean for goodness sake you know the man's salary? We issue contracts to those who give us a kick back to buy that expensive car - next you have an accident and you wonder why the roads are not fixed, you get to the hospital and you wonder why the drugs have not been supplied to the hospital - only to be poured away because they have expired!

It all started with you and you didn't care and now you have a limp because all the experts left the country! You play the blame game, you think they are the ones messing up the country and you are just an observer.......... Wake up African wake up!!!

Now I see this negative talk is not taking me anywhere so this weekend I start a new ----- remember August Men & Women (Guy & T thanks for that marvelous Zone idea), we are what .......... lets roll the dice and stop lamenting, stop observing and continue doing...

Have a nice weekend, lets stop the blame game, lets look for a true unity of Ugandan's & Africa and gain respect as part of the bigger world, if we each started to associate with truth, earned income, high quality works and a desire to become part of history even before you exit! Stop stop stop success is knocking at the door....

2 comments:

christine said...

It hurts. If I were a preacher, I would make it my daily sermon, If I were a politician, I would make it my daily speech, If I were a singer, I would make a hit song, If I were a business woman, I would use it for sales, but I am just me, another Ugandan, African citizen. I will do my part as a responsible citizen. It begins with each one of us and affects us the same.

Mugizi said...

Okhuti, you make interesting reading. I await your comments on the events unfolding in north Africa. Why are such social revolutions alien to sub Saharan Africa? Is it because they are fueled by web based social networking sites like face book and twitter? Given the number of negriod Africans with access to those social networks, could that be a reason for the unlikelyhood of such events occuring in sub Saharan Africa? teheheeh